Founded in 1890 as a public institution of higher education, the stated mission of Oklahoma State University is "to be a multi-campus public land grant educational system that improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation, and the world through integrated, high-quality teaching, research, and outreach."
Oklahoma State University awards bachelor's degrees, post-baccalaureate certificates, post-master's certificates, master's degrees, and doctoral degrees from nine colleges:
- Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Arts and Sciences
- Engineering, Architecture and Technology
- Human Sciences
- Spears School of Business
- Center for Veterinary Health Sciences
- Graduate College
- Honors College
- College of Osteopathic Medicine
Oklahoma State University offers a number of degree and certificate programs that can be completed entirely online.