Effective July 31, 2020
- Ownership Rights. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Approved Colleges and/or its content providers and partners own all of the content, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property related to the Sites and Services.
- User Registration. To use certain features of the Sites and Services, you will be required to set up an account with Approved Colleges. For example, to use the EMMA™ application, you will be required to set up an account and register. During registration, you will be required to provide your name, date of birth, and contact information. You may also submit additional information, including text and documentation, such as education transcripts, to build your user profile. You will be solely responsible for all information you provide to us. You will also be solely responsible for the security of your account credentials and any activity (whether authorized or unauthorized) that takes place through your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breach of security. You agree not to submit false information to Approved Colleges or anyone else through the Sites or Services.
- Communications. By creating an account on the Sites or signing up to receive information or Services, you consent to receive periodic communication from Approved Colleges and other users of the App, including (without limitation), universities with online degree programs. You may opt-out of any of our marketing emails through the link provided in such emails, or by contacting us at: [email protected]
- Graduation Scholarship Program. Our EMMA™ App includes a unique graduation scholarship program designed to encourage adult students to earn online higher education degrees in a timely and uninterrupted manner (“Scholarship Program”). We want to help you go back to school, earn your degree and save money!
- What is it? We work with select online degree program providers to provide information about degree programs, facilitate your application process, facilitate your communications with your school, advise you on ongoing retention, and track your status toward completion of your degree. If you enroll in an eligible program through our App, remain continuously enrolled and actively taking classes until you earn your degree, we will pay you a certain percentage of the total amount of tuition, excluding fees, you paid to the participating school to earn your degree.
- Who is eligible? To participate in our scholarship program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old or older at the time of scholarship application.
- Be eligible to receive Federal Student Aid (even if you do not use Federal Student Aid to fund your education).
- Apply for your participating program of study through the Emma Mobile Enrollment App and complete the Post-Graduation Scholarship written agreement at the time you apply for program admission.
- Be accepted and enroll in a participating online degree program, remain enrolled consistently with no breaks, and complete one or more courses each consecutive term.
- Remain actively enrolled in courses, without lapse. Any break in enrollment (including summer sessions) will result in scholarship disqualification.
- You must provide Approved Colleges, LLC with permission to access your records from your school to verify your enrollment, attendance, tuition payments and successful degree completion.
- Age Limitations. THE SITES ARE DESIGNED FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS EIGHTEEN (18) AND OLDER. IF YOU ARE UNDER EIGTHEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITES. IF YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF ANYONE USING THE APP THAT IS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, PLEASE NOTIFY US AT [email protected].
- Your Obligations to Us. In exchange for use of the Sites and/or any Services, you agree to the following:
- You’re at least 18 years of age.
- You agree not to create false accounts or to provide false information. You represent and warrant that the contact information and account information you provide is truthful.
- The security of your account is your responsibility. You agree to choose a strong password and keep it private to you. You’re responsible for any and all activity on your account. If you suspect misuse of your account, please contact us immediately.
- From time-to-time we may need to contact you in order to provide important notices about your account.
- When using any of the Sites and/or Services, you will obey all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- You will not engage in any of the following activities:
- Using or submitting any offensive content including, but not limited to, obscene language, obscene references, obscene images, threatening or harassing messages, discriminatory actions, messages, or images, and defamatory statements.
- Creating a username that is offensive or violates anyone else's trade secret, copyright, privacy right, publicity right or other intellectual property right.
- Engaging in activity that constitutes an unauthorized advertisement or promotion, including unauthorized solicitation of users of the Sites and/or Services.
- Collecting personal information of other users of the Sites and/or Services without such user's consent.
- Engaging in activity that compromises the Sites and/or Services in any way. Such activity may include, but is not limited to hacking, IP attacks, worms, viruses, spamming, phishing, cancel bots, Trojan horses, and mail bombing or crashing, and transferring any malware to the Sites or other users of the Sites or Services.
- Allowing unauthorized access, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to the Sites and/or Service.
- Taking any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data load on our systems or infrastructure;
- Interfering or attempting to interfere with the proper working of the Sites and/or Services; or
- Bypassing measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Sites and/or Services, violating or attempting to violate the security or authentication measures of the system, or attempting to prove, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network without proper written authorization from us.
- Accessibility. We value all of our users, and it is our goal to provide an excellent online experience for all users, including our users with disabilities. You understand and accept, however, that some of the features of the Sites and/or Services may not be fully accessible because they are provided by third-party providers (including schools) or because documents and features sometimes contain errors. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of the Sites and/or Services, or would like to report an issue you are experiencing, please email us at [email protected]. You expressly agree to attempt to resolve any and all issues with accessibility directly with us and in good faith prior to instituting any legal action against us.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY. THE SITES AND SERVICES, AND ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, SECURITY, CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, ACCESSIBILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT). APPROVED COLLEGES, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY THE "AC PARTIES") MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING: (A) THE CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, RESULTS OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES AND/OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THEM; (B) THE EXISTENCE (OR ABSENCE) OF ANY VIRUS, WORM, MALWARE, MALICIOUS CODE OR OTHER DISABLING DEVICES OR CODE FROM ANY SOURCES; (C) THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION; (D) ANY TECHNICAL FAILURES (INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURES); OR (E) LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR DATA.
FURTHER, WHILE APPROVED COLLEGES ENDEAVORS TO PROMOTE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF HIGHER EDUCATION, APPROVED COLLEGES PROVIDES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES THAT ARE NOT SPECIFICALLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR OTHER WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH YOU. ANY ACTIONS, INACTION OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY OTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY IS ATTRIBUTABLE ONLY TO THAT USER AND/OR THIRD-PARTY AND NOT TO PERDIA. YOUR USE OF THE APP AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT THE AC PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AC PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, FEES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO APPROVED COLLEGES FOR THE USE OF THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WITHIN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS, OR AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $100 IF YOU DID NOT PAY FOR THE SITES OR SERVICES. IF YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE WAIVER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS OR DAMAGES WAIVERS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, SOME OF THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY APPROVED COLLEGES IN WRITING IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE AC PARTIES, AND, IN ANY EVENT, YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM NOT BROUGHT WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER IT ARISES (OR SUCH SHORTER PERIOD UNDER APPLICABLE STATUTES OF LIMITATION) SHALL BE WAIVED AND RELEASED.
- Third-Party Links. The Sites contain links to other third-party websites, such as schools and government information sources. Such third-party websites are maintained by persons or organizations over which Approved Colleges exercises no control. Approved Colleges expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content or results from your use of such third-party websites.
- Consent to Receive Electronic Notifications. Electronic communication is the most effective and timely way to provide the users of the Sites and/or Services with any optional or required notifications and disclosures. In some circumstances, however, state and/or federal laws may require us to send you disclosures or communications in paper format unless you have affirmatively consented to receiving electronic notifications only in advance of the notification. Through this Agreement, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 7001, you hereby affirmatively consent to receive electronic notifications and disclosures from us only (without requiring a paper copy) and you represent that, to date, you have not withdrawn such consent. You have the right to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive electronic notifications and/or would like to request a paper copies of any electronic notifications you receive, please contact: [email protected]. To receive electronic records, you will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with Internet access and either email software (such as Microsoft Outlook) or access to a web-based electronic mail software platform, such as Gmail, Yahoo or other electronic mail provider.
- Availability. APPROVED COLLEGES CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SITES AND SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE 100% OF THE TIME BECAUSE PUBLIC NETWORKS, SUCH AS THE INTERNET, OCCASIONALLY EXPERIENCE DISRUPTIONS. ALTHOUGH APPROVED COLLEGES STRIVES TO PROVIDE THE MOST RELIABLE SITES AND SERVICES REASONABLY POSSIBLE, SOME INTERRUPTIONS AND DELAYS IN ACCESSING THE SITES AND SERVICES ARE UNAVOIDABLE AND APPROVED COLLEGES DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS OR INTERRUPTIONS.
- Force Majeure. Approved Colleges shall not be deemed to be in default under these Terms if it delays performance, alters performance, or is unable to perform any obligation due to conditions beyond Approved College’s reasonable control, including acts of God, pandemic, civil commotion, strikes, labor disputes, third-party attacks and governmental demands or requirements.
Approved Colleges, LLC
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465