Ohio Dominican University, a private, four-year liberal arts institution, was founded in 1911 as a women-only school and was originally named the College of St. Mary of the Springs. In 1964, the school became coeducational and then in 1968 the name was changed from the College of St. Mary of the Springs to what it is today, Ohio Dominican University. In all its activities, Ohio Dominican University strives to become one of the country’s preeminent small Catholic universities. Ohio Dominican University works towards this goal through the four core values of prayer, study, ministry and community.
Students enrolled at Ohio Dominican University can choose from over 40 undergraduate majors and assorted graduate programs. To accommodate the busy lives of many of the students at Ohio Dominican University, some degrees can be completed entirely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
Ohio Dominican University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)