McNeese State University is a four-year public school located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. MSU was founded as a Lake Charles Junior College in 1939 and adopted its current name in 1970.
McNeese State University offers associate degrees, bachelor degrees, master’s degrees, and certificates of completion. Degree programs are offered between the school’s eight colleges:
- College of Business
- Burton College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Science and Agriculture
- Division of General and Basic Studies
- Dore School of Graduate Studies
McNeese State University provides a variety of affordable online graduate and undergraduate degree programs designed to help students earn a degree at their own pace. Some programs allow students to earn degrees completely online, while hybrid courses include some in-class time.