Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, most commonly referred to as Louisiana State University (LSU), is a four-year public school located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Colonel William Tecumseh Sherman established the school in 1853 in Pineville, Louisiana. LSU is the flagship institution of the Louisiana State University System and is noted for its extensive research facilities, operating about 800 sponsored research projects.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctor’s degrees from the following colleges and schools:
- E.J. Ourso College of Business
- College of Agriculture
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Art and Design
- College of Human Sciences and Education
- College of Science
- College of Engineering
- College of the Coast and Environment
- Manship School of Mass Communication
- College of Music and Dramatic Arts
- University College
Undergraduates can benefit from online courses through the LSU Distance Learning Program. LSU Online currently offers the graduate degree programs and a professional certificates completely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges