Northwestern State University values its academic programs, and is Louisiana’s first public institution of higher education to establish an electronic campus. NSU maintains its 916-acre main campus, in addition to state satellite campuses in Shreveport, Alexandria, and Fort Polk.
NSU also supports a distance education campus. Of the approximate 9,000 students attending NSU, about 30% of undergraduate students and about 70% of graduate students are enrolled in distance-only degree programs.
eNSU awards associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees in addition to Educational Specialist awards. With more than 50 degree programs, fields of study range from programs in general studies, education, and nursing to engineering technology, sciences, and business. Academic programs are organized into:
- Gallaspy Family College of Education & Human Development
- College of Nursing & School of Allied Health
- College of Science, Technology & Business
- College of Arts, Letters, Graduate Studies & Research
- The Graduate School
- Louisiana Scholars’ College
Northwestern State University supports a wide range of student resources, some of which include: access to career services, disability support, health services, and tutoring.
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
Adult students and others requiring added flexibility may take advantage of the online campus at eNSU. eNSU supports more than 35 online degree options, including:
- Associate of General Studies degree
- More than ten bachelor degree programs ranging from studies in liberal arts to the more defined Radiologic Technologist to Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences degree
- Online post-baccalaureate certification, Practitioner Teacher Program
- More than fifteen master’s programs, primarily Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees with various specializations
- Online postgraduate and graduate certificates, including a certificate in Global Security and Intelligence
- Online Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership and Instruction with various concentration options
- Approximately thirteen add-on certifications, primarily in the educational field
- A Master of Science in Radiologic Science hybrid degree with on-campus residency requirements at the Shreveport campus
Virtual coursework and distance education degree programs reflect that of on-campus counterparts. Degrees are offered completely online, though certain courses may require proctored exams or campus visits to take exams.
Students enrolling in Internet-only coursework pay a flat rate tuition, and there are no added out-of-state fees for non-residents.
Northwestern State University of Louisiana is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges.
Sector Of Institution:Public, 4-year or above
Highest Level Of Offering:Post-master's certificate
Adult Age Enrollments:2,700
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.