Valdosta State University, founded in 1906, is a public institution located on an urban campus in Valdosta, Georgia. Valdosta State is one of two regional institutions that exist in the University System of Georgia. Throughout its history, Valdosta State University has been known as South Georgia State Normal College, Georgia State Woman’s College, Valdosta State College, and the institution got its current name in 1993.
The academic unit of Valdosta State consists of colleges that offer associate's, bachelor's, master's, post-master's certificates and doctorate degrees, including
- College of Arts
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Nursing
- Langdale College of Business Administration
- Jams L. and Dorothy H. Dewar College of Education
Valdosta State offers programs through distance learning and at off-campus locations to reach students that are not able to attend traditional on campus classes.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges