Trine was founded as Tri-State Normal College by the residents of Angola, Indiana in 1885. The school reorganized in 1906 from Tri-State Normal College and revised the name to Tri-State College, by which it was known until 2008 when it became Trine University. The School of Engineering, recognized today as one of the finest undergraduate schools of engineering in the country, was established in 1902. Trine is also known for its business and education programs.
Trine offer programs leading to associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in professional subjects from the following schools and colleges:
- College Engineering and Business
- Allen School of Engineering and Technology
- Ketner School of Business
- College of Graduate and Professional Studies
- School of Professional Studies
- Graduate School
- Franks School of Education
- Jannen School of Arts and Sciences
- Tinker-Ross School of Health Sciences
Most undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered through the School of Professional Studies are available fully online.