Founded in 1946, TMU strives to equip students to fulfill the Great Commission by fostering a Christian worldview through a biblically centered education. From its humble beginnings in a building that now stands as a hardware store, TMU stands today on more than 200 acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Northeast Georgia. Truett McConnell’s original intent included training for pastoral ministry, and now the school has expanded to include the liberal arts and sciences.
TMU offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the following schools:
- The Hans Hut School of Business
- The Peter and Gredel Walpot School of Education
- The Conrad Grebel School of Humanities
- The Felix Manz School of Music
- The Martha Rielin and Elizabeth Salmen School of Nursing
- The Leonhard Schiemer School of Psychology and Biblical Counseling
- The Michael Sattler School of Public Service
- The Pilgram Marpeck School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- The Balthasar Hubmaier School of Theology and Missions
Online degree programs for bachelor's and master's degrees are available through TMU Online.