University of Rhode Island is the principal public research university in the state of Rhode Island and is located in the city of Kingston. Kingston is the main campus but there are also campuses in Feinstein Providence, Narragansett Bay, and 30 minutes from Providence at a campus called W. Alton Jones. The school was established in 1892. The University of Rhode Island, the state's current Land, Sea and Urban Grant public research institution, had humble beginnings as the state's Agricultural Experiment Station.
Students can earn degrees at all leveal from the following colleges:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies
- College of Engineering
- College of the Environment and Life Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- Graduate School of Oceanography
- University College for Academic Success
URI's Online Learning department offers several fully online programs and over 100 online courses, from introductory to advanced levels, in a wide variety of subjects and majors taught by URI’s world class faculty.
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Commission of Higher Education