UConn offers the online Graduate Certificate in Disability Studies in Public Health. This program examines the multiple aspects of public health, health care, society, culture, politics, economics, history, legislation, education, and social attitudes that impact people living with disabilities.
The following courses make up the program:
- Disability Law, Policy, Ethics, and Advocacy
- Foundations of Public Health and Disability
- Public Health Interventions in Disability
- Epidemiology of Disability
This program is designed for individuals currently working in medicine, nursing, social work, law, education, psychology, political science, advocacy, public health, disability, and various other fields related to public health and disability. Graduate students in these fields are also invited to apply.
- A personal statement
- Three letters of reference
- Current resume or CV
- Official college transcript(s)
- Successful candidates normally meet the recommended 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education