Advanced Practice Registered Nurses can pursue a specialty in psychiatric nursing with this Post-Master’s Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. A combination of web-enhanced courses and clinical experiences prepare students to sit for the national board examination. The program is designed to be completed in 15 months for APRN majors.
Courses provide clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions. The online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program seeks to increase students’ interpersonal awareness, problem-solving skills, critical evaluation, and communication skills.
Topics covered in the curriculum include:
- Integrated mental healthcare
- Differential diagnosis in mental disorders
- Psychological theory and modalities
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The University of Texas at Tyler is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- The program requires 1-2 days per semester on campus.
- Applicants must have a Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
- Applicants must have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas.