Masters-prepared nurses can expand their scope of practice and serve a broader client base with Texas Woman’s University’s online Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master’s Certificate. The program offers the knowledge and clinical experiences necessary to transition into a role as a primary care FNP.
Students learn to treat the whole patient through compassionate, multifaceted nursing practice. Courses in this Nurse Practitioner program online discuss a range of resources for assessment, analysis, and diagnosis. Nurses gain an understanding of advanced practice nursing from multiple perspectives and learn how to grow as a leader.
Some of the topics covered in this program include:
- Advanced pathophysiology
- Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced nursing
- Advanced assessment/differential diagnosis
- Advanced practice nursing role
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Texas Woman’s University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Must have a master's degree from a nationally-accredited nursing program, with successful completion of a basic statistics course
- Must have a current, unencumbered US RN license
- Applicants with minimum GPA of 2.5 may be considered for provisional admission.
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming