Texas Christian University’s online Master of Science in Nursing Education allows nurses to take on leadership roles in curriculum, instruction, and evaluation. Nurse Educators can shape the next generation of nurses by teaching and applying new knowledge and skills. Students in this program have the opportunity to focus on either adult-gerontology or pediatrics.
The online MSN degree program allows nursing professionals the flexibility they need to continue working while they continue their education. Clinical practicum and teaching practicum courses can typically be arranged in the student’s local area. If a nearby site does not exist, concentrated practicum experiences are available in the Fort Worth area.
Some of the topics covered in this Nursing Education program include:
- Interprofessional education strategies
- Curriculum and program development in nursing
- Principles of simulation in education
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Must have a BSN degree from an accredited school; current, unencumbered licensure in the state where practicum will occur; and current CPR certification and immunizations
- Preferred work history includes one year of full-time experience or its equivalent as a RN