Texas Christian University was founded in 1873, in Thorp Spring, Texas, as the AddRan Male and Female College. By 1895, the school relocated to Waco, Texas, and moved once more, in 1910 to Fort Worth. During this period the school also adopted its current name, Texas Christian University. Today, Texas Christian University is a four-year private, not-for-profit, co-educational institution. Though TCU retains ties to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), many religious groups and recognized faith-based organizations are present on campus, including students of Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths.
TCU supports undergraduate areas of study, master’s level programs, and doctoral fields of study in the following academic divisions:
- AddRan College of Liberal Arts
- Bob Schieffer College of Communication
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Science & Engineering
- John V. Roach Honors College
- Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Neeley School of Business
- Fort Worth's M.D. School
For added flexibility, online programs supported by TCU include master’s and doctoral programs in nursing and liberal arts.