Southwestern Assemblies of God University offers the Bachelor in Psychology (Pre-Professional), a program designed to prepare the student with basic foundations, concepts, theories and skills in psychology interfaced with a biblically-based spiritual perspective in order to prepare them to function effectively in multivariate paraprofessional fields as well as gain entrance into graduate professional psychology programs and ministry related vocational fields.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Articulate biblical presuppositions that will inform and shape the understanding of psychology.
- Discuss the basic foundations, concepts and theories of psychology.
- Explain a biblically-based integrative model of psychology.
- Function effectively in multivariate paraprofessional fields requiring psychological perspectives.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of undergraduate preparation for graduate programs in clinical psychology and counseling psychology as well as other psychology and ministry.
Official high school transcript showing date of graduation from an accredited institution or equivalent. Minimum 2.0 GPA. Official transcripts from each college attended (if applicable).
School Accreditation Statement
Association for Biblical Higher Education, Commission on Accreditation,Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges