SAGU has occupied its lovely 70-acre campus since 1943 after the merger of three Bible institutes. Several regionally related districts of the Assemblies of God joined together in ownership of the school in 1954: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Texas, Oklahoma, South Texas and West Texas. In 1963 these districts authorized a change in name to Southwestern Assemblies of God College (SAGC). After decades of increased enrollment, the Board of Regents unanimously approved the name change to Southwestern Assemblies of God University in 1994 to more accurately reflect its purpose and mission as a Bible university of theological and professional studies.
SAGU awards a full range of undergraduate and graduate degrees, from associate's to doctoral, and most of these degrees can be earned onine.
Accreditation & Licensing
Association for Biblical Higher Education, Commission on Accreditation,Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges