Radford University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree prepares students to become leaders in healthcare through courses grounded in theory and research. The post-master’s track is designed for students who have already achieved a Master of Science in Nursing degree.
This online nurse practitioner degree program provides a specialized focus on serving rural communities. DNP graduates can find employment in settings including homes, clinics, ambulatory care facilities, long term care facilities, and other healthcare agencies.
Courses cover topics such as:
- Synthesis and evaluation of evidence-based data for APNs
- Healthcare policy, ethics, and law
- Clinical scholarship and population-based outcomes
- Healthcare information systems and business practices
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Radford University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a minimum 3.5 GPA from a nationally-accredited graduate nursing program.
- The program requires successful completion of prerequisite courses including statistics and nursing research.
- Applicants must submit proof of a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical nursing practice as an RN or advanced clinical nursing practice with certification as an NP or CNS within the last three years.