Radford University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice / Family Nurse Practitioner degree prepares students to become leaders in healthcare through courses grounded in theory and research. Graduates are eligible for Family Nurse Practitioner certification.
The BSN to FNP program provides a specialized focus on serving rural communities. After graduation, Family Nurse Practitioners can find employment in settings including homes, clinics, ambulatory care facilities, long term care facilities, and other healthcare agencies.
Courses cover a range of topics including:
- Healthcare policy, ethics, and law
- Advanced practice nursing in rural communities
- Acute illness across the lifespan
- Women’s health advanced family nursing
- Children’s health
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a minimum 3.0 GPA in an undergraduate nursing major.
- The program requires successful completion of prerequisite courses including statistics and nursing research.
- Applicants must submit proof of a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical nursing practice as an RN or advanced clinical nursing practice with certification as an NP or CNS within the last three years.