The Master of Science in Education curriculum is designed for P-12 teachers in which you will have the power to influence, motivate, and empower future generations. Through sustained learning, job-embedded activities, collegial discussions, and engaging follow-up, you will acquire knowledge and practical teaching skills that can have a positive impact on student achievement.
The program is an advanced teacher preparation program created for trained teachers—with a consistent group of learners —who want to improve their teaching skills, increase their professional marketability, and pursue career advancement in areas such as teacher leadership, professional development, or mentoring.
The Teaching Students with Special Needs concentration is an area of teaching in great need of qualified and caring instructors who understand the challenges faced by students with learning disabilities, behavior disorders, and physical handicaps. Examine best practices and methods for adapting curricula to accommodate children with special needs. Focus on interventions, transition planning, and complying with federal, state, and local requirements.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)
- The Master of Science in Education does not lead to initial teacher certification or teaching endorsements.
- Applicants must submit one of the following items:
- A copy of your prekindergarten through 12th grade teaching license (current or expired)
- A copy of your teaching contract showing evidence of employment as a prekindergarten through 12th grade Teacher of Record/Classroom Teacher
- On school letterhead, a letter from the principal at the school of your employ that clearly designates you as the Teacher of Record/Classroom Teacher