Learn to manage and provide human services that support the needs of clients within mental health centers, social service agencies, nursing homes, and more. Specialize in one of three concentrations. Complete your degree 100% online and prepare to sit for the exam to become a Human Services—Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP™).*
- Program Highlights: Study human services with a well-rounded curriculum that includes courses in health services, psychology, sociology, law, and criminal justice to help you understand the complex challenges of the 21st century.
- Member of CSHSE: The program adheres to the curriculum standards of the Council for Standards in Human Services Education.†
- Career Opportunities: Social and human services assistants, home health and personal care aides, social and community service managers, health education specialists and community health workers, rehabilitation counselors, and more
- Credit for Experience: Earn credits for prior college, work, or military experience.
- Human Services Administration
- Child and Family Welfare
- Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program and get a head start on a future Purdue University Global human services, legal studies, psychology, or public administration master’s degree.‡
Purdue Global does not guarantee employment placement or career advancement. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience and opportunities for employment. This program was not designed to lead to certification or licensure as a social worker or counselor in any specific state, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Students must meet post-degree experience requirements in order to earn the HS-BCP credential. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams.
† The program adheres to the curriculum standards of the CSHSE but is not accredited by this agency.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
California, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, International, Puerto Rico