Northeastern University offers an online Master of Science in Nursing program for students interested in pursuing licensure as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Students gain the knowledge, competencies, and skills necessary to succeed in this growing nursing field.
The program builds upon nurses’ NICU experience and previous education to focus on advanced nursing knowledge and clinical practice skills. Students in the online Neonatal Nurse Practitioner degree track gain specialized skills in early assessment, evaluation, and care of high-risk neonates. Graduates will be prepared to make independent decisions in Level 2 and 3 NICUs.
Nurses gain expertise in:
- Advanced physiology and pathophysiology
- Common life-threatening illnesses in neonates
- Advanced nursing management and technology for critically ill neonates and their families
- Pharmacology specific for neonatal nurse practitioners
- Roles of clinical expert, manager, educator, consultant, and client advocate
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Northeastern University is accredited by:
New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program and two years of NICU experience.