Students will be prepared to take on social issues and improve the lives of people in need with this online master’s in Social Work from LSU. The program covers child welfare, substance abuse treatment, and dozens of other issues affecting society today.
The first half of courses in this online MSW degree program, known as the generalist year, covers key concepts and theories and offers an internship experience. The second half is considered the specialist year, where courses discuss topics in theory and treatment, and students have the opportunity to take electives, complete an internship, and choose whether to complete a thesis.
Class offerings include topics such as:
- Social welfare history and policy
- Social work research
- Human diversity and oppression
- Human behavior and the social environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official trasncripts
- Letter of intent
- Resume or vita
- Proof of English language proficiency, international applicants
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges