The online MBA with a concentration in General Business is offered by Longwood University. This is a flexible program designed to meet each student’s unique situation and schedule. In addition to the flexibility offered by online courses, students still become part of the learning community during the on-campus summer residencies, so it is the best of both worlds. Courses prepare you for the rapidly changing nature of the modern business world. You will develop a broad array of strategic and analytical skills. The General Business concentration also offers the knowledge needed to climb the ladder in all types of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial organizations to nonprofit entities. Graduates are prepared to lead businesses and make high-level business decisions while managing people.
An extended weekend on-campus residency is required each summer of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Students without an undergraduate major or minor in business must complete MBA Foundation Courses prior to starting MBA classes
- Three letters of recommendation, one must be from a professional source
- GMAT or GRE scores
- A GMAT waiver is available to applicants who meet certain criteria
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges