Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education in Community Care & Counseling – Pastoral Care and Counseling program will equip you to provide professional counseling services in a ministry setting. Through this program, you will learn to evaluate diverse individual, group, and family populations. This program is ideal for professionals — such as pastors, licensed professional counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed clinical social workers — who want to expand their knowledge base to enhance their careers.
Professional careers include:
- Church counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Outpatient care therapist
- Social worker
- Official college transcripts
- Regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree (i.e., counseling, psychology, human services) with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Applicants who have a regionally accredited masters in a non-related field are welcome to apply, but if admitted will be required to complete M.A. level prerequisite courses assigned to them before taking any Doctor of Education coursework
- MAT (Total score of 400 or better) score report or the GRE score report (Total verbal and quantitative score of 300 and a 4.0 or better on the analytic writing section)
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher in their most recent master’s degree can have the GRE/MAT requirement waived
- Statement of Purpose
School Accreditation Statement
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.