Liberty University, located in Lynchburg, Virginia, offers a Doctor of Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management for professionals interested in furthering their knowledge of the business field. This degree is designed for professionals working in human resources, marketing, management or other business-oriented jobs.
The Doctor of Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management is designed to further students' knowledge in leadership, management and team building principles. Individuals in the program can expect to learn skills such as cost control, risk assessment, improving project performance, budget management and performance reporting. Graduates of the program will be prepared to lead project teams or a project management office.
The specialized courses offered by Liberty University teach the skills necessary for a career in business administration. Students can choose from the following concentrations: Accounting, Human Resources, International Business, Leadership, Marketing or Project Management. The courses are taught based on biblical principles and a Christian worldview. Instead of completing a traditional dissertation, students are expected to implement a comprehensive final project to earn their doctorate degree.
The Doctor of Business Administration is completed online, with the exception of three, one-week intensives on campus.
- Application and fee
- Earned Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) or earned MS in Information Systems or earned MS in Management Information Systems
- Additional requirements will be necessary for the accounting and information systems cognate.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above is required for entrance into the program from any of the acceptable degrees
- Statement of Purpose
- 15 hours of course work may be transferred in (5 year age limit)/nontransferable courses- DBA 700, 785, 988, 989, 990
- 12-hours from a Master of Business Administration or Master of Science in Accounting specialization may apply (if needed, the students can take these online): Accounting, Healthcare Management, Human Resource, Marketing, Project Management, Information Systems, International Business, or Leadership
- TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 80 internet-based test)
School Accreditation Statement
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.