The online MS in Education / Physical Education degree program from Jacksonville State University offers three separate concentration areas to suit students' personal interests and professional goals:
- Human Performance – Designed to prepare students for advanced study in exercise and physiology and future employment in strength and conditioning, adult fitness and wellness, and corporate fitness
- Nutrition – Designed to prepare students for advanced study in nutrition and future employment in the field of nutrition and related careers
- Teacher Education – Leads to eligibility for fifth-year teacher certification in physical education (P-12)
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- If currently an educator, a copy of the candidate’s Professional Educator Certificate
- Current professional vita or resume
- Official test scores on the General Test of the GRE or the MAT
- Applicants must meet one of the following formula requirements.
- 450 times the undergraduate GPA plus the total score of verbal and quantitative sections of the General Test of the GRE is equal to or greater than a total of 2100 points OR
- 15 times the undergraduate GPA plus the MAT score is equal to or greater than a total of 80 points.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges