Nurse professionals with a MSN degree can pursue the Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice online degree. The DNP program is a terminal degree preparing nurses for leadership at the highest level of practice.
Coursework in this online nurse practitioner degree focuses on advanced clinical practice, technology, quality indicators, and outcomes improvement. The program includes components of online class instruction, supervised practice hours in the student’s local area, a DNP project and paper, and a professional electronic portfolio.
The curriculum covers topics such as:
- Biostatistics and translating evidence
- Health care policy and finance
- Innovation leadership and collaboration in healthcare
- Clinical prevention and population health
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Jacksonville State University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Must have a Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution with a professionally accredited nursing program, with a clinical focus validating 500 practice hours.
- Must have an unencumbered RN license in the US
- Requires a completed experience form and verification of clinical practice hours