Nurses with a bachelor’s degree can pursue the online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree to achieve the highest level of nursing practice. A Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) concentration allows graduates to sit for the national certification exam.
This online Nurse Practitioner degree includes components of online coursework, supervised practice hours in the student’s local area, a DNP project and paper, a professional electronic portfolio, and a comprehensive examination.
Topics covered in this degree program include:
- Clinical prevention and population health
- Organizational and systems leadership for the advanced practice nurse
- Innovation leadership and collaboration in healthcare
- Interprofessional healthcare and informatics
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution with a professionally accredited nursing program
- Must have an unencumbered RN license in the US