The online Master of Arts in History degree is a graduate program designed specifically for K-12 teachers. This program consists of the content of a traditional Master of Arts in History degree but with coursework and a plan of study that meets your professional needs. Key features include quality coursework in a breadth of historical fields, a well-designed and flexible study plan, and a learning community that offers interactive learning environments. This historical degree offers courses in U.S. and World History, reflecting the needs of history teachers, along with foundational training in proseminars in premodern and modern World and U.S. history followed by an exploration of major scholarly problems introduced in more specific seminars. You will learn from published experts in fields from the ancient Near East to early modern England to Meiji Japan to Cold War America.
The course of study includes an initial one-week, on-campus summer residency.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or a 2.75 GPA on the last 60 hours of graded academic course work
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Statement of professional goals
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Three emails for recommenders
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission