The online Master of Arts in Art Education program is designed to strengthen the development of certified art teachers and allow them to engage in professional development and graduate studies. This program option is for licensed teachers.
This degree program requires 31-32 credits for completion. The program meets for one week during the summer at the EIU campus for the studio art components of the degree.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
- Have taught for two years
- Provide an official transcript verifying the degree, grade point average, and date of degree completion
- Have a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale or have a 2.75 GPA for the last 60 hours of graded academic work
- Submit three letters of recommendation from principals, supervisors, or others who can attest to the applicant's academic and professional performance
National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission