This online bachelor’s degree in Psychology introduces students to the study of human behavior and mental processes with a Christian context. Belhaven incorporates a biblical worldview into its coursework while teaching the major subfields of psychology. Course topics include research, social psychology, counseling theory, abnormal psychology, and theories of personality.
The Human Services concentration is for students who want to work directly with people in need. Classes teach why groups of people act the way they do; how to work with families from different cultures, races, and backgrounds; how to provide social services through a Christian worldview; and how to provide services involving death and grief.
A range of classes are available, including:
- Social problems
- The family
- Race, gender, and diversity
- Death, dying, and grief
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Official academic transcripts
- Minimum GPA required is 2.0
- ACT, SAT, or CLT score report
- An essay, interview, and letter of recommendation may be submitted voluntarily by the student or may be requested by the admission office if student does not meet minimum requirements for acceptance
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges