Widener University's online Master of Social Work (MSW) is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Through its trauma-focused curriculum, it will help you understand the impact trauma – a leading factor in mental health, substance abuse, and other social-emotional issues – has on the quality of life. Widener's MSW program prepares you to improve both your life and the lives of others through clinical social work and social justice.
Widener develops social workers whose influences are seen, heard, and known throughout the field and community. You'll benefit from personal support in a nurturing and inspirational learning environment and graduate prepared to sit for the Licensed Social Worker (LSW) exam.
Regular Admission, Advanced Standing, Dual Degree, and Certificate Options:
- Regular Admission: the 64-credit hour Regular admission option is available to all applicants who have earned a regionally accredited undergraduate degree. It is not required to have a BSW or related social sciences degree.
- Advanced Standing: the 41-credit hour Advanced Standing option is available to applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree in social work (BSW), within the last six years, from a CSWE-accredited program. This program can be completed within just two years.
- Hybrid Dual Degree: Master of Social Work/Master of Education, Human Sexuality Studies (H/MSW/MEd): this program, that prepares social workers who are comfortable discussing sexuality in their social work practice, to also be qualified to work in areas that focus explicitly on sexuality, such as human trafficking, individuals with a history of sexual abuse, and gender or sexual identity issues.
- Trauma Certificate: while earning your MSW, you have the option of also applying for a trauma certificate to deepen your knowledge and d
- An undergraduate degree in social work, within the last six years, from a CSWE-accredited program
- 3.0 GPA
- TOEFL (for international students only)
- Two recommendation forms
- Official transcripts
- A criminal background check
- Statement of purpose
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education