Every industry from advertising to zoology needs big data experts, and graduates of WGU’s Master of Science in Data Analytics (MSDA) program will be equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to have a successful career as a leader in data management and analytics in any industry. Designed in collaboration with IT experts, the MSDA program focuses more on doing analysis and less on memorization. With data sets based on their interests, students can become part of the story, learning real-world skills on a real-world project. Students will also gain valuable micro-credentials in data engineering, essential analytics, and advanced analytics along with learning data science tools and techniques, advanced SQL, data mining and analytics, data visualization, and SAS programming.
WGU offers low, flat-rate tuition that’s about half what students pay at other online universities. Our online programs deliver unparalleled flexibility, allowing students to complete coursework whenever and wherever works best for their schedules. Students also benefit from our competency-based learning model, which lets them complete most courses as quickly as they prove mastery of the material, making it possible to accelerate their progress and potentially graduate faster. Faculty mentors work one-on-one with WGU students, providing dedicated coaching, guidance, and support from enrollment through graduation—and beyond.
*WGU cannot currently accept applicants who are residents of California.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants must demonstrate experience with data analysis through at least one of the following methods:
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems, systems engineering, data management, data analysis, CS, software, statistics, accounting/finance.
- Hold an Udacity nanodegree in data analytics.
- Submit a resume for review showing at least 3 years of significant and recent experience in data analysis.
- Verification of a current Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, or SAS certification that has been earned in the past five years.