WGU’s online Master of Health Leadership (MHL) degree program prepares students to fill dynamic healthcare leadership roles as the industry shifts toward value-based care. The MHL program focuses on leadership, strategy, analysis, policy implementation, and managing patient-centered centered care, equipping students with the skills and knowledge necessary to lead and navigate the complexities of today’s healthcare industry. Designed in collaboration with healthcare’s foremost leaders and policy makers, the MHL degree program incorporates curriculum that emphasizes innovation and leadership skills, and is tailor-made for individuals who want to guide the industry into the 21st century.
WGU's online programs deliver unparalleled flexibility, allowing students to complete coursework whenever and wherever works best for their schedules. Students also benefit from a competency-based learning model, which lets them complete most courses as quickly as they prove mastery of the material, making it possible to accelerate their progress and potentially graduate faster. Faculty Mentors work one-on-one with WGU students, providing dedicated coaching, guidance, and support from enrollment through graduation, and beyond.
- To be considered for this master's degree program, you must be able to demonstrate healthcare experience through at least one of the following methods:
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing, pharmacy, or other clinical discipline and current healthcare leadership position
- A clinical graduate degree (M.D., Pharm.D, MSW, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree and current employment in a leadership position in a healthcare-related field, including policy, legal, military, pharmaceutical, biomedical, or related healthcare-associated industry
- Submit an official transcript verifying receipt of your bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited institution
- Submit official transcripts for all prior college academic work completed