WGU’s online Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) prepares students to design, develop, and optimize systems that can meet current and future industry needs. Designed in collaboration with IT experts, the BSCS degree program focuses on IT fundamentals, computer science, data management, network and security, secure systems analysis, operating systems, scripting and programming. The curriculum also incorporates industry-standard IT certifications. Graduates of the BSCS program will be equipped with the skills, knowledge, and certifications necessary to fill a variety of essential IT roles in any industry.
WGU's online programs deliver unparalleled flexibility, allowing students to complete coursework whenever and wherever works best for their schedules. Students also benefit from the competency-based learning model, which lets them complete most courses as quickly as they prove mastery of the material, making it possible to accelerate their progress and potentially graduate faster. Faculty Mentors work one-on-one with WGU students, providing dedicated coaching, guidance, and support from enrollment through graduation and beyond.
To be considered for enrollment into the Bachelor of Science Computer Science degree program, you must:
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Demonstrate math readiness by possessing one of the following:
- An associate's degree in computer science, pre-engineering, or math; OR
- An associate's degree from an ABET-accredited program or equivalent (A.S. or A.A.S. acceptable); OR
- A completed high school diploma showing STEM or Advanced Placement courses with high school pre-calculus or calculus completed in the last three years; OR
- Successful completion of a college pre-calculus or calculus course in the last five years