Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
The B.S. in Health Informatics is designed for both healthcare and IT professionals who seek the skills and knowledge necessary to become valuable assets in the high-demand fields of health informatics and health information management. This challenging program combines concepts in healthcare, information technology, and leadership practice, teaching you the skills and knowledge you need to become a valuable designer, developer, and manager of health information systems. As an added benefit, this program also incorporates multiple industry-recognized certifications, including the AHIMA Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification.
Note: This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Graduates of this program are eligible to apply for the AHIMA Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credentialing exam.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$1,237.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Fee (per term): $145
- Criminal Background Check Fee (one time): $42
- Professional Liability Insurance (one time): $35
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$24,357.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$24,357.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires a total of 120 competency units (CUs), equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Demonstrate IT experience either through:
- Have earned an associate’s degree in IT or equivalent (A.S. or A.A.S. acceptable); OR
- Have earned an associate’s degree from an allied health program (A.S or A.A.S. acceptable); OR
- Have earned an associate’s degree in Business Administration (A.S or A.A.S. acceptable); OR
- Hold transferable IT certifications earned within the last five years; OR
- Submit a resume showing three-plus years of IT work experience, strategic business management experience, or healthcare-related work experience.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.