Every industry needs big data experts, and WGU has created a unique program that offers students a degree in both data management and data analytics. Graduates of WGU’s Bachelor of Science in Data Management/Data Analytics (BSDMDA) program will be equipped with the skills, knowledge, and certifications necessary to have a successful career. The BSDMDA program, designed in collaboration with IT experts, focuses on data management, data manipulation, data science, data analytics, IT fundamentals, and computer science. The program offers courses in IT leadership and data governance as well as hybrid assessments inside a lab environment that allow students to get hands-on experience in working with data. Six industry-recognized certifications are included, giving students a competitive advantage in the real-world job market.
WGU offers low, flat-rate tuition that’s about half what students pay at other online universities. The program delivers unparalleled flexibility, allowing students to complete coursework whenever and wherever works best for their schedules. Students also benefit from our competency-based learning model, which lets them complete most courses as quickly as they prove mastery of the material, making it possible to accelerate their progress and potentially graduate faster. Faculty mentors work one-on-one with WGU students, providing dedicated coaching, guidance, and support from enrollment through graduation—and beyond.
*WGU cannot currently accept applicants who are residents of California.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Western Governors University is accredited by:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants must demonstrate IT experience through at least one of the following four methods:
- Have earned an associate’s degree in IT or equivalent (A.S. or A.A.S. acceptable).
- Have completed the following high-level IT coursework within the last five years:
- Two or more upper-level Networking courses; OR
- Two or more upper-level Object-Oriented Programming courses (Java, C#, etc.); OR
- One or more upper-level Operating Systems course; OR
- One or more upper-level Information Security and Assurance course.
- Hold high-level IT certification in network, security, programming, data management, operating systems, or hardware management earned within the last five years.
- Submit a resume showing three-plus years of IT work experience.
You may also be required to take and pass the WGU Readiness Assessment — a short, multi-part online admissions test that helps determine the likelihood of success in a WGU program. Applicants who possess a bachelor's degree or one of the IT certifications that WGU recognizes for competency credit will have this requirement waived.