West Chester University of Pennsylvania is a public university that was founded in 1871, and is located on a suburban campus in West Chester, Pennsylvania, approximately 25 miles west of Philadelphia. WCU was originally established as a teacher’s college, and today is a comprehensive academic institution that is committed to offering high-quality undergraduate and graduate education programs.
West Chester University of Pennsylvania offers bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees from the following academic colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Business and Public Management
- College of Education and Social Work
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Sciences and Mathematics
- School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies
WCU offers distance education programs that are a flexible, convenient alternative to taking classes in the traditional classroom setting. Distance education courses allow students to complete classes at their convenience, while still being able to communicate with instructors and fellow students. Students can earn graduate degrees and certificates completely online.