Walden University offers the Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Integrating Technology in the Classroom for Grades K-12, an online education degree with a focus on steam teaching. As students become more technologically advanced, teachers need to stay current in knowledge, strategies, and skills while using technologies that will engage and motivate learners. This concentration will help you prepare your students to thrive in a global society by focusing on practical strategies that include:
- Using technology to gain and produce knowledge
- Creating learner-centered classrooms with current digital technologies
- Incorporating computer-mediated instruction across grade levels and content areas
- Using technology to break down borders and barriers for social change
- Exploring real-world issues using digital tools and resources
This master’s in steam education online specializes in helping you become fluent in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations while also helping you create learning experiences that are technology-enriched so all students can pursue their interests and become active participants in their educations. Courses will allow you to use current and emerging digital tools as information resources to promote research and learning and as a way to customize and personalize learning activities in your classroom that address your students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities. Graduates will be prepared to promote student learning and activity through technology while also promoting and modeling digital etiquette; responsible social interactions; and the safe, legal, and ethical use of these tools and resources with respect to copyrights and appropriate documentation of sources.
This program offers an accelerated option that allows students to graduate in as little as 12 months.
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Completed online application and transcripts
- Materials you are required to submit may vary depending on the academic program to which you apply
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission