Current K-12 administrators who want to strengthen their ability to influence positive change in their educational system are invited to pursue this Doctor of Education degree with a specialization in Educational Administration and Leadership for Administrators. The program offers experienced leaders with previous leadership training a customized curriculum, specially designed capstone doctoral project, and credit transfer opportunities.
Students of this online doctorate in Education Leadership will learn current research and trends in education, how to design research to address educational problems, and how to effectively manage resources to improve the learning environment. The curriculum includes studies of how to effectively communicate with others, collaborate with a variety of external stakeholders, and understand cultural diversity to improve the learning environment. Graduates will be able to apply theory and practice to promote positive social change in their communities.
A sample of topics within this degree include:
- School organizational dynamics – policies and law
- Understanding school budgets and allocating resources
- Policy development and implementation
- Recruiting and retaining effective school personnel
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Students will be required to attend one face-to-face residency.
- Must have coursework from a university principal preparation program
- A valid principal license or eligibility for licensure
- Three years or administrative experience
- Acknowledgement form verifying you have access to and the ability to collect data from a P–12 school setting
Kentucky, New York, Rhode Island