The Doctor of Education degree with a specialization in Community College Leadership is ideal for educators seeking to further their career in the community college field or those employed in business and policy development related to higher education. Graduates will be prepared to lead successful community colleges with expertise and innovation.
Classes discuss issues around academic transfer programs, workforce development, continuing education, developmental and remedial education, and community service. Students will gain advanced critical thinking and decision making skills through the use of research, data, technology, and strategic planning. Graduates of online Higher Education degrees such as this one from Walden University will be able to ensure their students meet accountability standards for completion of certificates and degrees.
A few of the specialized classes available to students include:
- Contemporary issues, challenges, and trends in community colleges
- Managing resources in higher education
- The community college – historical context and critical issues
- Transformational leadership for institutional effectiveness in community colleges
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to attend one face-to-face residency.
New York, Rhode Island