The online MSN in Nursing Leadership & Organizational Science degree program from Virginia Commonwealth University is designed for students interested in a leadership role within healthcare organizations. Students gain advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership, administration, management, health care finance, budgeting, outcomes management, and evidence-based organizational practices in health care. Graduates are able to:
- Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations and systems of health care delivery
- Apply ethical analysis and clinical reasoning to assess, intervene, and evaluate advanced nursing care delivery
- Understand the implications of social, cultural, economic, policy, and organizational systems that impact practice and outcomes
- Synthesize evidence for practice to determine appropriate application of interventions across diverse populations and settings
- Use quality processes and improvement science to evaluate care and ensure patient safety for individuals, populations, and systems
- Integrate organizational science and technology to make changes in the care environment to improve health outcomes and practice efficiency
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to come to campus for 2-3 days at the beginning of each semester.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in nursing from an ACEN, CCNE, or CNEA accredited program, including a 3-credit course in statistics with minimum grade of B.
- Applicants must have a current, unrestricted RN license from a US state or territory.