The University of Wisconsin-River Falls was founded in 1874 as the fourth State Normal School in Wisconsin and the first in the northwestern part of the state. In 1951, with the addition of liberal arts courses, the school was designated Wisconsin State College at River Falls. When graduate courses were added in 1964 the name became Wisconsin State University-River Falls. The present name came with the merger of the state universities and the University of Wisconsin in the fall of 1971.
UW River Falls offers bachelor's and master's degrees from the following colleges:
- College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission