Enhance your advanced knowledge base and influence in leadership roles with this online EdD in Professional Counseling and Supervision. Through UWG’s distance education, you’ll focus on program evaluation, clinical and administrative supervision, alongside advocacy and leadership abilities. Your dissertation will add to the existing body of academic knowledge while positively impacting client and community programs through evaluation and subsequent improvement. Coursework likely involves:
- Ethical Leadership in Education
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Advocacy for Marginalized and Underserved Populations
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of West Georgia is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires a master's in counseling or related field.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years of counseling experience and have, or be eligible for, a license in counseling or a related field.