University of Florida offers an online Graduate Certificate in Secondary Teaching Preparation. Students interested in teaching maths science, english, or social studies at the secondary level may benefit from this program. The curriculum was designed to lead students to a Florida Teacher Professional Certification so they can pursue the field.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 for all upper-division (the last 60 credits) undergraduate work
- An acceptable score on the GRE
- Submission of FLDOE’s Statement of Status of Eligibility
- Pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examination’s General Knowledge Exam (note: can be waived with acceptable scores on the GRE)
- Pass the Florida Teacher Certification Exam in your selected Content Area (Math, Science, Social Studies, English)
- Statement of purpose essay
Note: Students from out of state are welcome to apply. Be sure you understand the implications for your own state’s teaching certification requirements.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges