Prepare to lead in contemporary public service and nonprofit management with an online Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree from the University of Delaware's (UD) Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration. Learn from experienced practitioners, develop your skills among highly active researchers, and get ready to serve the greater good.
UD's MPA is designed to prepare you for success in public service. Through our experiential, learning-focused curriculum, you'll examine case studies and apply best practices as you learn to manage an organization while making a positive impact on your career and in your community.
This online MPA program combines theory and practice to deliver real solutions for public administration's greatest challenges.
In this 36-credit (30-month) program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Graduate among notable alumni like Scott Beale, CEO and Founder of Atlas Corps; Emily Gonce, Corporate Vice President of New York Life Insurance; and John Carney, governor of Delaware
- Explore the latest research on emergent needs in public service
- Develop management skills to lead organizations through today's most pressing challenges
- Study curriculum developed by a faculty of practitioners in the field
- Take advantage of career services like a dedicated career counselor, career workshops and help with your résumé
This Biden School program prepares you with the management competencies and acumen that are essential for accountable and effective leadership in public service.
- The Best Schools. (May 2017). "The 30 Best Online MPA Programs: Online Master in Public Administration." Retrieved on January 8, 2019, from https://thebestschools.org/rankings/best-online-mpa-master-public-administration-degree-programs/
- US News and World Report. (September 2018). "Graduate School Rankings, 2019." Retrieved on January 8, 2019, from https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/university-of-delaware-130943/overall-rankings
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Delaware is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- GRE scores are not required of applicants with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.