Master of Science in Nursing
University of Central Florida
The online MSN degree program from the University of Central Florida is designed to build upon the student's baccalaureate nursing education and professional experience to prepare nurses to assume leadership positions in a variety of health care settings. Students gain the knowledge and skills required for positions such as chief nursing officer, director of nursing, health care administrator, and nurse educator by selecting one of three tracks designed to suit their personal interests and professional goals:
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Nurse Educator
- Nursing and Health Care Simulation
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- BSN degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate Statistics course.
- Florida license required for all students who will be taking clinical and practice courses in Florida health care agencies and institutions. For those students at a distance, a license is required in the state or country in which they practice.
- A written essay.
- Curriculum Vitae.
UCF may not provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states due to restrictive state regulations: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico and Tennessee.
Some or all programs may be restricted in the following states: Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, Maryland, and Minnesota.
The University of Central Florida was established in 1963 and opened in 1968; it continues today as a 4-year, metropolitan public research university in Orlando, Florida. University of Central Florida is a member of the State University System of Florida. It was founded as Florida Technological University and aimed to educate future personnel of the United States space program at the nearby Kennedy Space Center. Ten years after its founding, the institution broadened its academic offerings and changed its name to University of Central Florida.
University of Central Florida offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as professional programs from the following colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- Burnett Honors College
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education and Human Performance
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Graduate Studies
- College of Health and Public Affairs
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Optics and Photonics
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- College of Sciences
- College of Undergraduate Studies
The University of Central Florida offers a variety of online and distance learning opportunities for both the traditional and nontraditional student through UCF Online. Fully online offerings include bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, professional certificates, and 2+2 baccalaureate completion programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.