Advanced practice nurses can gain core competencies in mental healthcare with the online Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Students in this program receive a broad foundation of education preparation in treating people across the lifespan.
Online coursework and in-person clinical experiences emphasize health assessment, primary prevention, healthcare maintenance, clinical decision-making, and illness management. Students in this online psychiatric nursing program also gain knowledge of nursing theories and research. Graduates are eligible to take the PMHNP national board certification exam.
Classes cover topics including:
- Behavioral health therapy across the lifespan
- Advanced family psychiatric mental health nursing
- Pediatric pharmacotherapeutics
- Advanced practice nursing in the care of older adults
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Must have a master of science or higher degree focusing on Advanced Practice Registered Nursing certification
- Must have unrestricted US RN licensure and current APRN certification, with RN experience in an acute care setting