The online Graduate Certificate in Pediatric Nurse Practitioner prepares nurses to help children and their families with their healthcare needs. Students gain an advanced understanding of pediatric nursing beyond the initial registered nurse preparation.
This program focuses on the needs of children with regard to prevention, health maintenance, education, diagnosis, and management of common acute and chronic health conditions. The curriculum includes both online coursework and clinical practicum hours in the student’s local area. Graduates of this Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program online can advance in the profession as leaders, advanced practice nurses, nurse researchers, and more.
Classes encompass a wide range of pediatric nursing topics, such as:
- Care of the well child and adolescent
- Pediatric health assessment in advanced practice
- Pediatric pharmacotherapeutics
- Diagnosis and management of acute and chronic conditions in children and adolescents
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Must have a master of science or higher degree focusing on Advanced Practice Registered Nursing certification
- Must have unrestricted US RN licensure and current APRN certification, with RN experience in an acute care setting